Just to refresh your memory, here is a glimpse at the NCSU schedule:
- Students start arriving at 7:45 AM – most after driving a long way to get to campus that early.
- Students must wear their nametag at all times while at orientation.
- Students get their ID made, and then enjoy a campus tour with their Orientation Counselor (OC).
- Students eat all meals at Fountain Dining Hall!
Informative and entertaining orientation sessions include:
- Finding your place at NC State.
- How to avoid crime and stay safe while on campus and in Raleigh.
- How to eat healthy and make wise personal choices.
- Advice on being safe if sexually active.
- How to avoid underage drinking, illegal music downloads, and other campus offenses.
Brings back good memories, right? I don’t want to sound old here, but in my day “illegal music downloads” meant taping Wham!’s latest song directly off the radio onto cassette through your boom box. And if your boom box had two cassette slots? Well, then you could venture into the illicit World of “file sharing!”
Please use the comments section to posts your funny stories, advice for incoming freshman, jokes, and other observations. The class of 2011 – and I – will thank you!