Location: Boston, MA
Facility: Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, 41 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Time: 6:00 - 9:00 PM
Cost: $35.00 members; $60.00 non-members
This will be an abbreviated version my full-day seo training course. The target audience will be small business owners who know a little about Internet marketing and/or outsource all web site tasks to an outside vendor. My goal is to get everyone up to speed quickly, and empower even the most novice of online marketers with a solid understanding of these crucial topics. Advanced students are welcome. This will be a discussion style presentation with Q&A throughout. Here is a preliminary outline:
- SEO, PPC, SEM – What does it all mean??? Understand key terms, identify top search engines and learn how search engines return results.
- What does my web site do for my business? Define your site’s goals and know how to measure the results.
- Does Google love or hate my site? Recognize common pitfalls and avoid search engine penalties.
- Why doesn’t my site show up higher in the search results? Identify the right keywords, improve title tags and create content that search engines like.
- Are links from other sites important? Learn why link popularity is important and how to obtain quality links.
- What’s all this I hear about “local search”? Check your local listings and claim your business online.
- Should my business be on sites like Twitter or FaceBook? What about blogging? Understand web 2.0 and social networking.
- Should I invest in PPC? Compare PPC options and know how and why to avoid clicks.
- I’m overwhelmed. What should I do now? Learn what you should do right away and where to turn for more help.
Download Slides from Class in PDF Format
About the Speaker
Larry Weaver is a pioneer in the field of Internet Marketing. He has over 10 years experience designing web sites that are both appealing to users and appear at the top of search engine results.
A proud graduate of the University of North Carolina, Larry teaches classes across the country on how to build, improve and promote a web presence. Publications such as the Wall Street Journal and Inc. Magazine have quoted his expert insights into web design and Internet marketing.
His entertainment agency, Larry Weaver Entertainment, has numerous top rankings in Google. He has used a combination of search engine targeting, online advertising, and email newsletters to grow quickly grow his client base, both locally and across the United States.
An experienced public speaker, Larry imbues his training with humor and warmth. He’ll answer your most pressing questions and provide you with specific action items you can take to capture more business from the Internet.
Contact Larry to speak at your next event!