Monday, 9/1 - Launch: Listed Funny Employee Awards eBook for sale with no fanfare or announcement. This soft launch gave me a few weeks to work out any errors or bugs in the eBook (it turns out there weren't any).
Wednesday, 9/3 - Affiliates: Officially announced the launch of affiliate program on Larry Weaver (LW) blog.
Tuesday, 9/9 - Television: Sent video submission for The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch.
Monday, 9/15 - Newsletter: Sent upgrade email to all previous Funny Employee Awards customers.
Friday, 9/19 - Guerilla: LW blog post offering free t-shirts for best ideas on promoting the new book. Cross-posted to Facebook and Twitter.
Wednesday, 9/24 - Blog: Launched Funny Awards blog with inaugural post. Cross-posted blog launch announcement on larryweaver.com.
Wednesday, 9/24 - Newsletter: Emailed Larry Weaver fan list announcing new book, affiliate program, and free t-shirt offer.
Thursday, 9/25 - Press Release: Sent first press release over PRNewswire as part of their targeted campaign to editors of Workplace and Careers features.
Miscellaneous Marketing Notes:
- Added hi-res downloads to site: author photo, eBook cover, and site logo.
- Hired NewspaperGirl to help write and edit press releases, based on a positive endorsement from a ShoeMoney blog post.
- Reached out to Peter Shankman for possible advertising opportunities in HARO.
- Designed direct mail postcard and sent to printer for October mailing.
- Committed to increased social networking (both online and offline) for the remainder of the year.